Gay, Georgia is a quiet hamlet of less than 150 residents ‚ mainly comprised of retirees who seek a quiet, simple lifestyle. But four days a year the town comes alive with thousands of visitors who come to enjoy the now famed Cotton Pickin’ Fair.
Historic Greenville was named for General Nathaniel Greene, a commander during the Revolutionary War. The town was established at the time Meriwether County was created in 1828
Lone Oak, Georgia
Incorporated at the turn of the century, Lone Oak’s population is now 180. As the community looks toward future growth, its efforts are focused on revitalization and infrastructure expansion projects.
Located just thirteen miles north of Greenville, Georgia ‚ near the Coweta County line ‚ Luthersville was incorporated in 1872. Luthersville was named for Martin Luther, the 16th century German Protestant Revolution leader.
Home to approximately more than 3,900 citizens, Manchester is known as the Magic City. Manchester was created in 1909 at the time the Atlanta, Birmingham, Atlantic (A.B.A.) Railroad partnered with the Callaway Mills from LaGrange to have their facilities located in Manchester.
Warm Springs, Georgia
With a population of nearly 500, Warm Springs is small; yet this tiny town ‚ rich with history – attracts more than 300,000 visitors each year.
Woodbury’s history dates back to 1845. Originally called “Woodberry”, the town is one of Meriwether County’s oldest cities.